Summit Kids Character education program
This program is designed to introduce 8 character traits to Elementary students.
These are traits that have been identified as vital to Being a successful human being.
The 8 traits
Self worth, Kindness, Gratitude, Empathy
integrity, attitude, self control, persistence
• Teach students eight character traits that will help them be successful in school and in life. The eight character traits are: Self worth, Gratitude, Kindness, Integrity, Attitude, Self Control, Empathy, and Persistence.
• Provide leadership opportunities for students. They will be teaching the Character traits to other students throughout the school year. This will create a positive learning environment within our school and help students apply their learning of the eight character traits.
• Students will take part in two 45 minute instructional periods during the lunch period. They will be coming to lunch 15 minutes early.
• During the instructional period students will be watching videos, doing activities, and discussing the eight character traits.
• Students will be reading two pages out of the summit manual at home that will go over the character trait discussed that day.
• Parents will discuss two to three questions with students at home after each reading.
• Students will participate in one activity to apply the character traits learned that week.
• After completing all eight class periods students will teach classes about the character traits using books and videos. They will be leading discussions and following basic small 10 minute lesson plans.
• Students will create some school wide projects that will help them understand how to apply their knowledge of the eight character traits.